We would be delighted for you to join us for our upcoming seminar on Wednesday 2 July 2014
The following topics will be discussed:-
Zoe Holland, Zebra Legal Consulting
- Significance of technical due diligence in WIP valuation and caseload risk profiling;
- Scope and benefits of due diligence and how the results can help you understand the risks within your business, clarify what you are doing well and where improvements can be made;
- Overview of trends over the last 12 months and highlight areas in which issues have been discovered;
- In instances where it has gone wrong, how it has impacted upon the valuation of WIP and how it has exposed the firm to risk;
- Zoe will provide case examples to illustrate ‘the good, the bad, and the ugly’;
- How technical due diligence helps in assessment of a business, giving confidence in respect of value, recovery, indemnity risk, and benchmarking against others. This has enabled enhanced facilities/funding and attribute a tangible value/risk profile to WIP;
- Impact of technical capability and risk on WIP value;
- Profiling to assist with profitability and cash-flow.
Yvonne Wood & Stuart Littler, Bennett Brooks Chartered Accountants
- Self-funding the Modern Law Firm
- In addition to accessing the many sources of external funding, it is equally important to ensure that adequate capital is retained in the firm by its owners
- Owners Capital vs External Funding – how much and by whom
- Making and retaining more profit, including paying less tax
- Managing Lock Up
Jason Reeve—Novitas Loans
- Matrimonial – Funding the legal costs and disbursement for individuals going through a wide range of matrimonial proceedings.
- Employment – Funding disbursements for tribunal cases, all wrapped with ATE and including cover for adverse costs
- ClinNeg – Funding for disbursements on ClinNeg and large PI cases. The loan is not services and of balance sheet for the law firm
- Cost Advance – Advancing up to 70% of the realistic recoverable amount of a bill of costs. Improve your cash-flow and increase your recoverable amount as the cost consultant has more time to negotiate
Paul Shenton - Just Costs Solicitors
- Damage Based/Contingency Fees Agreement
- Third Party Funding
- Bank Funding (Secretary of State for the Department of Energy And Climate Change & Anor v Jones & Ors  EWCA Civ 363 (27 March 2014))
Date: Wednesday 2 July 2014
Time: 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm (Registration 1.30 pm)
Venue: The Business Lounge, 1st Floor, 53 King Street, Manchester
CPD Hours: 3 hours
SRA Provider Reference: DIU/JUCO
Drinks and canapés will be served following the Seminar where the experts will be on hand to answer any questions or queries that you may have.
Book before 20 June 2014 to take advantage of our early bird offer of just £25 + VAT per delegate (usually £50 + VAT).
We do hope that you will be able to join us.