On Thursday 30 January 2014, Tom Blackburn of Just Costs Solicitors together with Colin McCaul, QC of Thirty Nine Essex Street, Maggie Sargent, of Community Case Management Services Limited and Paul Scrutton & Alision Taylor of Frenkel Topping will provide the experts perspective on the many amendments to the CPR since April 2013, and their personal experiences since the changes came into effect in respect of costs budgets and estimates for expert’s fees, changes to the overriding objective and relief from sanctions, ADR, Costs Management, Funding Agreements, and Pension loss, as well as tips on how to improve your prospects of success in clinical negligence cases and achieve the best possible results for your clients.
The following topics will be covered:
- Recent experience on costs budgets
- Changes to the Overriding Objective: Proportionality & Relief from Sanctions
- Case Law on the new CPR 3.9
- Changes to Part 35.4
- ADR and costs
- The future
- Improving prospects of success
- Hot tubbing’ at Trials (as recommends by LJ Jackson,having both experts to give evidence at the same time in Court)
- Anecdotes/experiences/changes post April 2013
- Advice/hints/tips on what Claimant Clinical Negligence Solicitors can do to improve cases and effectively get better results for Claimants
Paul Scrutton & Alison Taylor
- Pension Loss
- Providing the same access to justice in 2014 as 2012
- The myth of Hourly Rates
- Costs Budgeting – Practised properly it’s the best tool you have
- Venue: Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NQ
CPD Hours: 3 hours
Drinks will be served following the Seminar where the experts will be on hand to answer any questions or queries that you may have.
Book before 16 January 2014 to take advantage of our early bird offer of just £25 + VAT per delegate (usually £50 + VAT).