Costs Management Experts
Preparing a costs budget can be a difficult and time consuming process – get it wrong, and there are serious cost implications.
Because of this, many litigation solicitors instruct costs experts to deal with costs management.
Just Costs has specialised in costs management since the introduction of the pilot schemes. We have the expertise which is essential to deal with the costs management process from drafting the initial budget to attending the initial CCMC to ensuring that the case is conducted within the budgeted amounts.
Reasons to instruct Just Costs
- We truly are costs management experts. To date we have drafted 1200+ budgets providing for over £100m in costs.
- Each of our costs budgets is bespoke. The fact we don’t rely on pro forma documents means that every costs budget we prepare is an accurate reflection of the costs which are likely to be incurred.
- As a firm of solicitors, all of our advocates have rights of audience to deal with both costs management and case management at CMC's.
- We have been at the forefront of cases in relation to the interpretation of the rules regarding costs management, including acting in the matter of Porbanderwalla v Daybridge Ltd.
- We were the first firm to successfully apply to increase a costs budget in Murray & Anor v Neil Dowlman Architecture Ltd. We have since made a number of successful applications to revise costs budgets.
Costs management services offered:
Our costs management service is not limited to the preparation of the initial budget. We also offer:
- Drafting detailed comparison documents and schedules of objections to opponents’ budgets.
- Representation at a CCMC by an experienced advocate.
- Preparation of outline submissions or skeleton arguments for use by Counsel.
- Ongoing costs auditing, to ensure that the costs you are incurring are within the budgeted amounts.
- Formal advice on any technical costs management issues which arise during the course of a case.
- Drafting applications where costs budgets require revision, and attending the hearings of those applications.
- Training in costs management practices and procedures.
CPR allows for all costs associated with the costs management process to be recovered as part of the costs of the litigation.